The Edexcel Double Science award covers topics from the three main science disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and leads to two IGCSE grades in Science.
Edexcel Double Science award course follows the same format as the single science courses. This exam can be sat in January or June. Please note that January 2023 will be the last January sitting for this board. They will be moving their second sitting to November 2023 and from then on the sittings will be June and November.
We created the courses in response to the needs of home-educating parents, and students but they are equally suited to any private candidate who wishes to study Science Double award IGCSE.
Students can start at any time and work at their own pace towards
taking the exams.
Why choose Edexcel IGCSE (9–1) Science (Double Award)?
- 100% written examination: No practical coursework.
- Exposure to Biology, Chemistry and Physics: Allows students a broad exposure to all three sciences to gain two 9–1 grades. There is a reduced amount of content, but the qualification is assessed to the same standard as Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It is designed for students and centres with a more restrictive timetable or who are not required to study individual sciences.
About the course
It covers each topic in turn:
- setting out what needs to be learnt
- suggesting spellings and definitions which may be tricky
- providing diagrams to label and annotate
- giving details of practical activities and experiments to carry out
The courses we offer provide a way for the student to find their way through the specification at either level using three set books. We haven’t included the set books with the course but to ask people to purchase these separately. This gives them the opportunity to purchase second hand copies should they wish to do so.
Specification coursebooks for exams from summer 2019:
We have teamed up with a supplier called Kitchen Chemistry who can provide the chemicals needed for the Biology and Chemistry experiments at an extra cost of £65.40 plus p&p for the combined course. This is not compulsory but is suggested so that each item does not need to be sourced separately, contact details will be sent with the course. We have now added a Physics box too.
The course content includes preparation and support for all three subjects.
Use the buttons below to download samples of the course.
You can purchase the complete course using the button below. You’ll then be given access to download the course as a PDF, and the links will also be in your email receipt.
Edexcel Double Science IGCSE Complete Course