The Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology course is designed to follow the structure of the Edexcel 4HB0 specification. We offer both the old and new specification courses – the new is for examinations from summer 2019
It allows students to:
- study the structure and functions of human biology
- appreciate how the human organism maintains itself
- study human relationships with other animals and the dependence on plants
- learn how humans can best modify their environment and habits to produce healthy conditions for present and future populations.
The full course includes 14 tutor-marked assignments and a marked mock exam, and enables students to develop a range of basic scientific investigative skills as they work through the specification.
We have written the courses in response to the needs of home-educating parents and students but they are equally suited to any private candidate who wishes to study Human Biology IGCSE.
Students can start at any time and work at their own pace towards taking the exams. We will continue to support the student until they achieve the grade that they are happy with.
How the course works:
It follows the set textbook and covers each topic in turn:
- setting out what needs to be learnt
- suggesting spellings and definitions which may be tricky
- providing diagrams to label and annotate
- giving details of practical activities and experiments to carry out
The course is based off the Edexcel International GCSE Human Biology student book and follows its structure and references page numbers from it throughout. You will need to purchase it separately – you can find it on Amazon via the following link:
Edexcel Human Biology has only one option of textbook and it is a relatively small book – the course has taken account of this and gives the student opportunity to focus in greater depth on important parts of the specification which are covered briefly in the textbook.
When you buy the course it includes:
- A 310 page course full of worksheets , diagrams, and experiments to carry out
- 14 tutor marked follow up assignments, to assess progress, and the opportunity to practise exam questions.
- full feedback to the student on their work by email until they attain the examination grade they are happy with.
- a past exam (two papers) to use as a mock exam and this will include marking and feedback from their tutor (Past papers are available for free directly from Edexcel but we’ve included the example we will mark for your convenience).
- A revision guide with pointers, tips and YouTube clips to help you when it comes to revision
This course is available with two options:
- With tutor support – as described above including the revision guide and past paper marking and feedback.
- Without tutor support.– you will receive the full course and a separate PDF of answers for the follow up assignments – this allows you to self mark them. It will also include our revision guide PDF and example past papers from Edexcel.
No assessment or exam marking is included as a tutor will not be allocated to the student – it’s for you to work through yourself with no support from ECHO Education. We have additionally included the past paper mark scheme from Edexcel to help you mark the mock exam yourself.
Use the button below to access a sample of the course.
You can purchase the complete course using the button below, using Paypal to securely complete your payment. You’ll then be given instant access to download the course as a PDF, and the links will also be in your email receipt. If you add the printed copy that will be dispatched within 7 working days (please note the added cost is simply covering what it costs to print, package and post. It applies to UK postage only).
Edexcel Human Biology IGCSE Complete Course
(for examinations before summer 2019)
Edexcel Human Biology IGCSE Complete Course 2017-19 Specification
(for examinations from summer 2019 onward)
Pay by instalment
Edexcel Human Biology
(for examinations before summer 2019)
Edexcel Human Biology – 2017-19 Specification
(for examinations summer 2019 onward)