This course is designed as a stepping stone to achieving IGCSE or GCSE maths. Throughout this course, students will cover the maths topics needed as a foundation for IGCSE and GCSE maths, set at a level suitable for KS3 (11-14 year olds). Once completed, students can confidently move on to an IGCSE or GCSE course, knowing that they already have a great understanding of the basic concepts.
The course is available with tutor support from ECHO Education, or as a standalone product for you to work through, having the answers supplied to the marked assessments.
The course has been divided into 20 units covering:
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Geometry and Measures,
- and Probability and Statistics
Throughout the course, students will also be directed to suitable lessons on the CGP CD-ROM, asked to complete workbook exercises, and set tutor marked assessments.
This course is available with two options:
- With tutor support – this includes marking and feedback on end of topic work plus unlimited (within reason) email support from the tutor for any questions the student may have for as long as the child needs to work through the course
- Without tutor support – you will receive the full course and a separate PDF of answers for the follow up assignments – this allows you to self mark them.
No assessment is included as a tutor will not be allocated to the student – it’s for you to work through yourself with no support from ECHO Education.
All our courses allow you to work through the material at your own child’s pace. There is no time limit.
Tutor support applies to one child only but can be purchased separately for siblings.
As well as the course, students will also require:
- Casio scientific calculator (or similar scientific calculator)
- CGP GCSE Foundation Maths CD-ROM
(ISBN 978 1 78294 431 7)
- CGP- KEY Stage 3 Mathematics Higher workbook
(ISBN 978 1 84146 038 3)
To download a free sample of the course please click the button below and then fill out your details on the checkout page to get instant access.