The Edexcel Double Science award covers topics from the three main science disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and leads to two IGCSE grades in Science.
Edexcel Double Science award course follows the same format as the single science courses.
We created the courses in response to the needs of home-educating parents, and students but they are equally suited to any private candidate who wishes to study Science Double award IGCSE.
Students can start at any time and work at their own pace towards
taking the exams.
Why choose Edexcel IGCSE (9–1) Science (Double Award)?
- 100% written examination: No practical coursework.
- Exposure to Biology, Chemistry and Physics: Allows students a broad exposure to all three sciences to gain two 9–1 grades. There is a reduced amount of content, but the qualification is assessed to the same standard as Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It is designed for students and centres with a more restrictive timetable or who are not required to study individual sciences.
About the course
It covers each topic in turn:
- setting out what needs to be learnt
- suggesting spellings and definitions which may be tricky
- providing diagrams to label and annotate
- giving details of practical activities and experiments to carry out
When you buy the course it includes:
- tutor marked follow up assignments, to assess progress, and the opportunity to practise exam questions.
- full feedback to the student on their work by email or phone as necessary until they attain the examination grade they are happy with.
- the opportunity (for an additional fee) to sit a fully marked and graded mock exam with full feedback .
The courses we offer provide a way for the student to find their way through the specification at either level using three set books. We haven’t included the set books with the course but to ask people to purchase these separately. This gives them the opportunity to purchase second hand copies should they wish to do so.
Specification coursebooks for exams from summer 2019:
We have teamed up with a supplier called Kitchen Chemistry who can provide the chemicals needed for the Biology and Chemistry experiments at an extra cost of £65.40 plus p&p for the combined course. This is not compulsory but is suggested so that each item does not need to be sourced separately, contact details will be sent with the course. We have now added a Physics box too.
The course covering biology, chemistry and physics costs from £700 as a download version that you can print as you wish – the set books and materials need to be purchased separately.
For a printed version you’ll need to add £100 to cover printing and P&P (it is a LOT of pages, it simply covers the costs we pay to the printers – now in full colour).
The course content includes preparation and support for all three subjects.
About the Exam
The candidate is required to register with an exam centre as a private candidate to take the exam.
Find out more about the exams here…
Use the buttons below to download samples of the course.
This course is available with two options:
- With tutor support – as described above including the revision guide.
- Without tutor support.– you will receive the full course and a separate PDF of answers for the follow up assignments – this allows you to self mark them. It will also include our revision guide PDFs
You can purchase the complete course using the button below, using Paypal to securely complete your payment. You’ll then be given access to download the course as a PDF, and the links will also be in your email receipt.
If you add the printed copy that will be dispatched within 4 working days (please note the P&P price is simply covering what it costs, and apply to UK postage only).
Edexcel Double Science IGCSE Complete Course
Pay by instalment
We also offer an easy payment plan that lets you spread the cost over four monthly payments. Choose your option below and it will use Paypal to set up an ongoing instalment plan once you checkout.
Edexcel Double Science
Tutor-free version of the course
For those who are confident in their ability to tutor the subject, but want to save time and effort putting together the programme and materials to cover the curriculum then we do now offer a tutor-free version of the course.
Click here to find out more