The Chemistry course is available to study following the most current specifications from both the Cambridge (CIE) and Edexcel exam boards. We created the course in response to the needs of home-educating parents, and students but they are equally suited to any private candidate who wishes to study Chemistry IGCSE.
Students can start at any time and work at their own pace towards
taking the exams which are in May / June and Oct / Nov each year for the Cambridge (CIE) exam board or May/ June and January for Edexcel.
Cambridge (CIE) IGCSE Chemistry
0602 current specification: Chemistry : for 2019 onwards
CIE offer students taking their IGCSE courses the chance to be awarded grades 9 – 1 in place of the current A* – G system. The ONLY differences to the current specifications are the codes used to register. The content, the set books and the exam papers are exactly the same so you can continue to use our current courses, with the current codes BUT when you come to register with your exam centre you enter with one code for an A-G grade (0620) and a different code if you would prefer a 9-1 grade (0971).
From 2019 the Chemistry specification has been refreshed. The subject content and specimen question papers remain the same. There are no significant changes which affect teaching. Cambridge state that ‘Any textbooks endorsed to support the syllabus for examination from 2016 are still suitable for use with this syllabus.’
EDEXCEL IGCSE Chemistry
4CH1 Specification – New Specification : This specification has first teaching 2017 and first assessment June 2019
About the course
It covers each topic in turn:
- setting out what needs to be learnt
- suggesting spellings and definitions which may be tricky
- providing diagrams to label and annotate
- giving details of practical activities and experiments to carry out
When you buy the course it includes:
- Over 260 pages of of worksheets , diagrams, and experiments to carry out
- Tutor marked follow up assignments for every topic, to assess progress, and the opportunity to practise exam questions.
- Full feedback to the student on their work by email until they attain the examination grade they are happy with.
- The opportunity to sit a fully marked and graded mock exam this uses a past exam (two papers for Edexcel and three papers for Cambridge CIE ) This will include marking and feedback from their tutor (Past papers are available for free directly from the exam boards but we’ve included the example we will mark for your convenience).
- A revision guide with pointers, tips and YouTube clips to help you when it comes to revision
It was decided to carefully choose a textbook already written for, and published by, trusted educational publishers. The courses we offer provide a way for the student to study the requirements of the specification using these set books. Our courses supplement the information found in them with additional original materials, links to websites and to videos.
The set books are not included with the course but we ask students to purchase these separately (so you can opt for second hand copies if you’d prefer).
For your convenience please see the link below that will take you to Amazon.
The course costs £230 – It can also be paid for over four instalments. The set books and materials need to be purchased separately.
About the Exam
The candidate is required to register with an exam centre as a private candidate to take the exam. Read more about that.
Use the buttons below to download samples of the course.
You can purchase the complete course using the button below, using Paypal to securely complete your payment. You’ll then be given access to download the course as a PDF, and the links will also be in your email receipt.
If you add the printed copy that will be dispatched within 7 working days (please note the P&P price is simply covering what it costs, and apply to UK postage only).
CIE Chemistry IGCSE Complete Course
Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE Complete Course new Specification
(for examinations from summer 2019 onward)
Pay by instalment
We also offer an easy payment plan that lets you spread the cost over four monthly payments. Choose your option below and it will use Paypal to set up an ongoing instalment plan once you checkout.
Edexcel Chemistry – new Specification
(for examinations summer 2019 onward)
Tutor-free version of the course
For those who are confident in their ability to tutor the subject, but want to save time and effort putting together the programme and materials to cover the curriculum then we do now offer a tutor-free version of both the Edexcel and CIE versions of the course.
Click here to find out more