The Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology course is designed to follow the structure of the Edexcel 4HB1 specification for examinations from summer 2019.
We still offer the old specification 4HB0 for final examination in January 2019 – do email us if you would like this course.
It allows students to:
- study the structure and functions of human biology
- appreciate how the human organism maintains itself
- study human relationships with other animals and the dependence on plants
- learn how humans can best modify their environment and habits to produce healthy conditions for present and future populations.
The full course includes tutor-marked assignments and a marked mock exam, and enables students to develop a range of basic scientific investigative skills as they work through the specification.
We have written the courses in response to the needs of home-educating parents and students but they are equally suited to any private candidate who wishes to study Human Biology IGCSE.
Students can start at any time and work at their own pace towards taking the exams. We will continue to support the student until they achieve the grade that they are happy with.
How the course works:
It follows the set textbook and covers each topic in turn:
- setting out what needs to be learnt
- suggesting spellings and definitions which may be tricky
- providing diagrams to label and annotate
- giving details of practical activities and experiments to carry out
The course is based off the Edexcel International GCSE Human Biology student book and follows its structure and references page numbers from it throughout. You will need to purchase it separately – you can find it on Amazon via the following link:
When you buy the course it includes:
- A 319 page course full of worksheets , diagrams, and experiments to carry out
- 13 tutor marked follow up assignments, to assess progress, and the opportunity to practise exam questions.
- full feedback to the student on their work by email until they attain the examination grade they are happy with.
- a past exam (two papers) to use as a mock exam and this will include marking and feedback from their tutor (Past papers are available for free directly from Edexcel but we’ve included the example we will mark for your convenience).
- A revision guide with pointers, tips and YouTube clips to help you when it comes to revision
This course is available with two options:
- With tutor support – as described above including the revision guide and past paper marking and feedback.
- Without tutor support.– you will receive the full course and a separate PDF of answers for the follow up assignments – this allows you to self mark them. It will also include our revision guide PDF and example past papers from Edexcel.
No assessment or exam marking is included as a tutor will not be allocated to the student – it’s for you to work through yourself with no support from ECHO Education. We have additionally included the past paper mark scheme from Edexcel to help you mark the mock exam yourself.
Use the button below to access a sample of the course.
You can purchase the complete course using the button below, using Paypal to securely complete your payment. You’ll then be given instant access to download the course as a PDF, and the links will also be in your email receipt. If you add the printed copy that will be dispatched within 4 working days (please note the added cost is simply covering what it costs to print, package and post. It applies to UK postage only).
Edexcel Human Biology IGCSE Complete Course New Specification
(for examinations from summer 2019 onward)
If you wish to buy the old Edexcel specification course it’s still available, please email us.
Pay by instalment
Edexcel Human Biology – New Specification
(for examinations summer 2019 onward)
Tutor-free version of the course
For those who are confident in their ability to tutor the subject, but want to save time and effort putting together the programme and materials to cover the curriculum then we do now offer a tutor-free version of the course.
Click here to find out more