The Physics course is available to study following the most current specifications from both the Cambridge (CIE) and Edexcel exam boards.
Cambridge (CIE) IGCSE Physics
CIE Physics Specification from 2019
CIE offer students taking their IGCSE courses the chance to be awarded grades 9 – 1 in place of the current A* – G system. The ONLY differences to the current specifications are the codes used to register. The content, the set books and the exam papers are exactly the same so you can continue to use our current courses, with the current codes BUT when you come to register with your exam centre you enter with one code for an A-G grade (0625) and a different code if you would prefer a 9-1 grade (0972).
From 2019 the Physics specification has been refreshed. The subject content and specimen question papers remain the same. There are no significant changes which affect teaching. Cambridge state that ‘Any textbooks endorsed to support the syllabus for examination from 2016 are still suitable for use with this syllabus.’
4PH1 Specification – New Specification : This specification is for first examination in June 2019
The courses were created in response to the needs of home-educating parents, and students, but they are equally suited to any private candidate who wishes to study Physics IGCSE.
Students can start at any time and work at their own pace towards taking the exams.
About the course
Each topic is covered in turn:
- setting out what needs to be learnt
- suggesting spellings and definitions which may be tricky
- providing diagrams to label and annotate
- giving details of practical activities and experiments to carry out
When you buy the course it includes:
- Over 270 pages of worksheets , diagrams, and experiments to carry out
- tutor marked follow up assignments for every topic, to assess progress, and the opportunity to practise exam questions.
- full feedback to the student on their work by email until they attain the examination grade they are happy with.
- the opportunity to sit a fully marked and graded mock exam this uses a past exam (two papers for Edexcel and three papers for Cambridge CIE ) This will include marking and feedback from their tutor (Past papers are available for free directly from the exam boards but we’ve included the example we will mark for your convenience).
- A revision guide with pointers, tips and YouTube clips to help you when it comes to revision
It was decided to carefully choose books already written for, and published by, trusted educational publishers. The courses we offer provide a way for the student to study the requirements of the specification using these set books.
Our courses supplement the information found in them with additional original materials, links to websites and to videos. The set books are not included with the course but we ask students to purchase these separately. For your convenience please see the links below, to Amazon, be sure to click on those which relate to the exam board you wish to use. Of course, you may wish to purchase second hand books.
We have teamed up with a supplier who can provide some of the items needed for the experiments at an extra cost of £69.98 plus postage £4.99 (UK mainland) for the Physics course. This is not compulsory but is suggested so that each item does not need to be sourced separately. If you would like further details of the materials kit please contact Brian at [email protected]
Second Hand Kits
As this kit contains no disposable chemicals, should you be interested in selling the complete kit on to future ECHO Education students after you have completed the course just let us know. We will save your contact details and pass them onto interested new students who will contact you directly to make a personal agreement and you can post it directly onto them after payment is arranged. If you are interested in purchasing a second hand box do drop us an email and we will let you know if there is one currently available (but it’s unlikely in the near future until other students have finished with theirs).
The course costs £230 – the set books and materials need to be purchased separately.
About the Exam
The candidate is required to register with an exam centre as a private candidate to take the exam. Read more about that.
The Edexcel course is available with two options:
- With tutor support – as described above including the revision guide and past paper marking and feedback.
- Without tutor support.– you will receive the full course and a separate PDF of answers for the follow up assignments – this allows you to self mark them. It will also include our revision guide PDF and example past papers from Edexcel.
No assessment or exam marking is included as a tutor will not be allocated to the student – it’s for you to work through yourself with no support from ECHO Education. We have additionally included the past paper mark scheme from Edexcel to help you mark the mock exam yourself.
Use the buttons below to download samples of the course.
You can purchase the complete course using the button below, using Paypal to securely complete your payment. You’ll then be given access to download the course as a PDF, and the links will also be in your email receipt. If you add the printed copy that will be dispatched within 7 working days (please note the P&P price is simply covering what it costs, and apply to UK postage only).
CIE Physics IGCSE Complete Course
Edexcel Physics IGCSE Complete Course New Specification
(for examinations from summer 2019 onwards)
Pay by instalment
We also offer an easy payment plan that lets you spread the cost over four monthly payments. Choose your option below and it will use Paypal to set up an ongoing instalment plan once you checkout.
Edexcel Physics – new Specification
(for examinations summer 2019 onward)
Tutor-free version of the course
For those who are confident in their ability to tutor the subject, but want to save time and effort putting together the programme and materials to cover the curriculum then we do now offer a tutor-free version of both the Edexcel and CIE versions of the course.
Click here to find out more